2023 Q1 Core Certification Study Group
Core Certification Study Group starting in January!
IIBA Austin is joining chapters across the Central Region to offer members a virtual BABOK study group. This will help participants prepare for the CCBA and CBAP certification exams. It will also provide opportunities for current CBAPs and CCBAs to earn CDUs towards recertification.
We will open registration for the series this Wednesday, December 21 at 9 AM CT. The series will be free and open to IIBA members in good standing. It will be limited to 40 participants.
Why join the study group?
- Earn PD hours towards your certification qualification.
- Have a regular forum to discuss your understanding of the concepts and techniques from the BABOK.
- Meet and establish accountability partners to help you stay focused and motivated on your certification journey.
- Build your network with BAs from other chapters.
The series starts on Saturday, January 21. It will run for 10 weeks from 9 AM-noon CT, with breaks in the schedule on February 18 and March 18.
While you teach, you learn… Participants will take turns facilitating the sessions. You will be asked to sign up to co-facilitate at least one session, and we will provide presentation decks for your use.
The registration form is here, and a FAQ is here.. Registration will open at 9 AM on Wednesday, December 21. (The form may be disabled until then.) You will need your IIBA member number, member expiry date, and home chapter at registration.
Opportunity for current CBAPs and CCBAs
We will need CBAPs and CCBAs to help moderate the sessions. The CBAPs and CCBAs will help keep the discussion on track and can share their learnings while the participants lead the discussion.
For current CBAPs and CCBAs:
- Participate and share your real-world experience and your certification experiences with the participants. You will not be presenting the material.
- Earn three CDUs for each session that you moderate.
- Opportunity to mentor certification candidates for which you would earn additional CDUs.