October 2019 - What do you say? - Marny Lifshen
11:30-11:50: Registration, lunch, and networking
11:50-12:00: Chapter announcements
What do you say? Communicating across barriers, around conflict and over clutter
Many challenges in professional relationships are simply due to breakdowns in communication. While our technical capabilities and skills enable us to do our jobs well, our ability to work well with our colleagues often ultimately makes or breaks our careers. Focused and effective communication skills and strategies help us get our ideas and opinions across, understand expectations, decrease misunderstandings, and build trust with our coworkers.
In an interactive and insightful presentation, Marny will enable participants to:
- Understand the role communication plays in professional relationships
- Explore the three dimensions of communication
- Discuss the pros and cons of communication tools
- Develop simple, effective techniques for reducing miscommunications
- Enhance your communication strengths, downplay your weaknesses, and build your likability
- Learn the power of perception and adaption
- Understand how to handle difficult people, conversations & situations
- Differentiate yourself through communication
Marny is an author, speaker, coach and marketing communications consultant with more than 25 years of experience. She works with businesses and executives to develop brand awareness and credibility with key audiences, and to establish relationships with key influencers.
Marny is the author of the award-winning Some Assembly Required: A Networking Guide for Women. The Second Edition was released in 2015. (Marny will have copies available for purchase at the session.) In 2009, Marny was named a winner of the Profiles in Power and Women of Influence Awards hosted by the Austin Business Journal. She is a nationally recognized expert on strategic networking, communication and personal branding.