Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
Chapter volunteer hours count towards Professional Development units (PDs) for certification or recertification!
We hope that our volunteers will want to join the Chapter, but it is not required.
To continue to grow and support our members and the Chapter's operations, IIBA Austin needs volunteers! Whether you can give an hour once in a while or want to commit to an ongoing role, we'd love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these roles, or if you have ideas for how else you could contribute.
- Taking notes at our Board meetings (2-3 hours a month)
- Organizing and maintaining our document repository (various)
- Updating our contact list updated (various)
- Logistics - helping to plan the event itself
- Day-of-event help - check-in, greeting attendees
- Prepare sign-in sheets for Chapter events
- Order and/or pick up lunches
- Coordinate logistics with event site
- Greet and check-in members. Collect meeting fees for walk-up attendees
- Write thank-you notes for speakers
Have to admit, this one requires some data cleansing since most of the answers we're looking for require merging data from multiple sources that are frequently updated. If you're up for it (or are good at automating data merges), let us know! The data analysis itself can be done in Excel or in any tool that you prefer to use.
- Create and schedule newsletters and other regular emails (1-2 hours a month)
- Provide content for newsletters - write or link to an article, let us know about upcoming events, etc.
- Administer/Improve our website content (FILLED)
- Tweet for us! Work with Marketing VP on a plan for regular Twitter posts
- Post events or articles of interest on LinkedIn, working with direction from the Marketing VP
Membership Renewals and Outreach
- Help with sending meeting renewal notices
- Design a survey to assess membership value
Contact email@example.com if you're interested in these or any other volunteer positions!