Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
For those who will be renewing certifications, chapter volunteer hours count towards Continuing Development Units (CDUs)!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these roles!
Professional Development Assistant
For 2018, our fantastic former VP of ProfDev lined up speakers for the year before she accepted a relocation. We’d love to find a volunteer to maintain contact with those speakers, to handle any scheduling conflicts that might arise (with Board guidance), and to ensure that we have the information we need to post the events.
The VP of Professional Development position is up for re-election at the end of 2018, so this is a great opportunity to try this role in a lower-responsibility way. Since the speakers are tentatively scheduled, the bulk of this work could be handled in an hour or two (of CDU time), with occasional follow-ups for the remainder of the year.
- Ensure that meetings are setup in the Chapter’s WebEx account
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting agendas
- Attend Board meetings and capture meeting minutes
Meetings are held quarterly on Saturday mornings (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct), and otherwise on the second Wednesday of each month.
This role is expected to require 2-3 hours per month (i.e., CDUs!) and reports to the Chapter President.
Chapter Meeting Hosts
Help the Chapter and earn two hours of CDU time! We’re looking for volunteers to help with meeting preparation and check-in. This will take about an hour per month, plus you’ll get free admission to the Chapter meeting that you work!
- Prepare sign-in sheets for Chapter events
- Greet, check in, and collect meeting fees from attendees at Chapter events
- Create and provide meeting fee receipts when requested
- Upload attendance records
We have Chapter collateral that could use some cosmetic love. If you have an eye for design (or want a chance to develop a new skill), please let us know! We would like a designer to handle any or all of the following::
- Redesigning our sponsorship flier
- Revamping the Chapter presentation for our Annual General Meeting in October
- Creating a logo for BADD, and (if you’re feeling ambitious) redesigning our Chapter logo
The time would count towards CDUs. With the variable tasks, this could take an hour or many hours.
Social Media Manager - FILLED
This position will help promote the Chapter and its events across a variety of social media. The Social Media Manager will do the following:
- Promote events on LinkedIn (email blasts - announce registration, thank speaker)
- Promote events on Twitter (announce speaker and registration and thank speaker)
- Post interesting BA links, BA articles, IIBA discussions to Linkedin and Twitter
- Acquire permission to text members and manage text messages for chapter events
- Manage Linkedin Group Discussions and Linkedin Membership requests
- Manage Twitter account, update and follow chapter speakers
Website Content Admin - FILLED
Our website is a configurable tool that's provided by IIBA. It's very customizable and this role can be done by someone who likes to work in HTML or someone who doesn't know how to program. The work is straightforward, and we need a detailed-oriented person to handle these:
- Create monthly event pages on chapter website, Constant Contact, and Meetup
- Maintain changes to sponsorship logos and links on the chapter website
This takes about an hour a month of CDU time(!), once you have the hang of the applications.
Analytics Analyst - FILLED
Do you know how to use Google Analytics or have been wanting to learn?. We’ve been capturing data for a year, and we need someone to dig into the details. We’d like a volunteer to confirm that everything is setup correctly (so that we’re capturing what we need) and to put together a presentation to the Board (ideally quarterly) to tell us how our site visitors are behaving.
The number of hours needed for this will vary by month and will result in CDUs.