Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
For those who will be renewing certifications, chapter volunteer hours count towards Continuing Development Units (CDUs)!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these roles!
- Ensure that meetings are setup in the Chapter’s WebEx account
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting agendas
- Attend Board meetings and capture meeting minutes
Meetings are held quarterly on Saturday mornings (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct), and otherwise on the second Wednesday of each month.
This role is expected to require 2-3 hours per month (i.e., CDUs!) and reports to the Chapter President.
BADD Chair - FILLED
This position is the primary planner for our annual professional development conference, Business Analysis Development Day. This position is the lead on a committee tht will:
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to help prepare for and execute ATX BADD
- Recruit & schedule speakers for annual ATX BADD Event
- Provide presentation details, speaker bio/picture to Website Content Admin for Website
- Provide presentation details, speaker bio/picture to VP Marketing for marketing activities
- Provide ATX BADD budget to Treasurer and ensure adherence
- Coordinate facilities for ATX BADD event
The time reqiured for this position is variable by month and is heaviest in the two months prior to the event.
Chapter Meeting Hosts
Help the Chapter and earn two hours of CDU time! We’re looking for volunteers to help with meeting preparation and check-in. This will take about an hour per month, plus you’ll get free admission to the Chapter meeting that you work!
- Prepare sign-in sheets for Chapter events
- Greet, check in, and collect meeting fees from attendees at Chapter events
- Create and provide meeting fee receipts when requested
- Upload attendance records
The number of hours needed for this will vary by month and will result in CDUs.
We have Chapter collateral that could use some cosmetic love. If you have an eye for design (or want a chance to develop a new skill), please let us know! We would like assistance in redesigning our sponsorship flier.
he time would count towards CDUs. With the variable tasks, this could take an hour or many hours, depending on the approach taken.
Social Media Manager - FILLED
This position will help promote the Chapter and its events across a variety of social media. The Social Media Manager will do the following:
- Promote events on LinkedIn (email blasts - announce registration, thank speaker)
- Promote events on Twitter (announce speaker and registration and thank speaker)
- Post interesting BA links, BA articles, IIBA discussions to Linkedin and Twitter
- Acquire permission to text members and manage text messages for chapter events
- Manage Linkedin Group Discussions and Linkedin Membership requests
- Manage Twitter account, update and follow chapter speakers
Website Content Admin - FILLED
Our website is a configurable tool that's provided by IIBA. It's very customizable and this role can be done by someone who likes to work in HTML or someone who doesn't know how to program. The work is straightforward, and we need a detailed-oriented person to handle these:
- Create monthly event pages on chapter website, Constant Contact, and Meetup
- Maintain changes to sponsorship logos and links on the chapter website
This takes about an hour a month of CDU time, once you have the hang of the applications.