Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
For those who are pursuing or renewing certifications, all Chapter volunteer hours count towards Continuing Development Units (CDUs)!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these roles!
- Ensure that meetings are setup in the Chapter’s WebEx account
- Prepare and distribute Board meeting agendas
- Attend Board meetings and capture meeting minutes
Meetings are held quarterly on Saturday mornings (Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct), and otherwise on the second Wednesday of each month.
This role is expected to require 2-3 hours per month (i.e., CDUs!) and reports to the Chapter President.
BADD Chair - FILLED
This position is the primary planner for our annual professional development conference, Business Analysis Development Day. This position is the lead on a committee tht will:
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to help prepare for and execute ATX BADD
- Recruit & schedule speakers for annual ATX BADD Event
- Provide presentation details, speaker bio/picture to Website Content Admin for Website
- Provide presentation details, speaker bio/picture to VP Marketing for marketing activities
- Provide ATX BADD budget to Treasurer and ensure adherence
- Coordinate facilities for ATX BADD event
The time reqiured for this position is variable by month and is heaviest in the two months prior to the event.
Chapter Meeting Hosts
Help the Chapter and earn two hours of CDU time! We’re looking for volunteers to help with meeting preparation and check-in. This will take about an hour per month, plus you’ll get free admission to the Chapter meeting that you work!
- Prepare sign-in sheets for Chapter events
- Greet, check in, and collect meeting fees from attendees at Chapter events
- Create and provide meeting fee receipts when requested
- Upload attendance records
The number of hours needed for this will vary by month and will result in CDUs.
We have Chapter collateral that could use some cosmetic love. If you have an eye for design (or want a chance to develop a new skill), please let us know!
The time would count towards CDUs. With the variable tasks, this could take an hour or many hours, depending on the approach taken.
Website Content Admin
Our website is generated from a configurable tool that IIBA provides. It has an easy-to-learn interface for someone who doesn't want to code, or it can be edited in HTML for those who want to program it or go beyond the basics. The work is straightforward, and we need a detailed-oriented person to handle these:
- Create monthly event pages on chapter website, Constant Contact, and Meetup
- Maintain changes to sponsorship logos and links on the chapter website
This takes about an hour a month of CDU time, once you have the hang of the applications.