Become a Volunteer for the Chapter
Chapter volunteer hours count towards Professional Development units (PDs) for certification or recertification!
Chaper membership is encouraged but not required of volunteers.
To continue to grow and support our members and the Chapter's operations, IIBA Austin needs volunteers! Whether you can give an hour once in a while or want to commit to an ongoing role, we'd love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of these roles, or if you have ideas for how else you could contribute.
- Notetaking at monthly Board meetings (1-2 hours a month).
- Help promote the Chapter and ATX BADD at your company and/or on social media. Becky, our VP of Marketing will provide guidance on initiatives and events for promotion.
Austin Business Analysis Development Day (ATX BADD)
We're looking for volunteers to assist with our biggest event of the year, ATX BADD. This year, we'll run several volunteer committes, and we're looking for:
- Logistics Lead
- Communicate with conference center staff on headcount, logistics needs, and menu planning.
- This role may recruit an additional volunteer, if needed.
- Lead of volunteers
- Recruit and communicate with event ambassdors.
- Recruit and coordinate day-of-event volunteers (registration table, room monitors, greeters).
- One chapter member to serve on a Speakers committee to help select the speakers for 2020 ATX BADD
Chapter Meeting Host
- Help with any or all of the tasks needed at our monthly Chapter meetings
- Prepare sign-in sheets and verify membership
- Order and/or pick up lunches
- Greet and check-in members, and collect meeting fees for walk-up attendees
Website Content Admin
This is one of the most public-facing tasks we have. This takes about an hour a month or could be more if you and the Marketing VP wish to make extensive changes. The work is straightforward, and we need a detailed-oriented person to handle this.
- Create monthly event pages for our Chapter website and Meetup
- Setup meeting registration in Constant Contact
- Create/maintain pages for our annual conference, the Austn Business Analysis Development Day (ATX BADD)
- Maintain changes to our Chapter website, including sponsorship logos and links throughout the site